The following is a list of resources to help you navigate Medicare as it relates to Diabetic and Therapeutic footwear:
Therapeutic Shoes – Noridian (noridianmedicare.com)
- This is a link to the main Medicare page about Therapeutic Shoes and Inserts
- Therapeutic Shoes for Persons with Diabetes Documentation Checklist
- Checklist to ensure suppliers gather all required documentation
- Product Classification Listing
- On this page you can look up every shoe and inserts that is approved by Medicare and print a copy of the approval letter.
- Australian guideline on prevention of foot ulceration: part of the 2021 Australian evidence-based guidelines for diabetes related foot disease
- Guidelines on the prevention of foot ulcerations of persons with diabetes
- Therapeutic Shoes for Diabetics Are proven to Be Helpful: So Why Aren’t They Prescribed More?